2/12/2010

CANCER AND DOGS

I lived in a small village with my family. They were not my family in real life. I had to buy a car, and was shopping at the only used car dealer in the village. I had the same dogs I have now, R and M. I stopped at a clinic on the way home, I wanted to use their pool. The doctor had previously run some tests on my arm and she told me I had skin cancer. "Michigan Melanoma", very aggressive; I would need chemo and the whole bit. I gave that a long hard thought, then went outside. I had to call my dogs back from the yard next door. There were a bunch of dogs over there, big, hairy Wolfhounds, Bernese Mountain Dogs and Newfoundlands.




To dream that you have cancer, denotes hopelessness, grief, self-pity, and unforgiveness. You feel you are wasting your life away. This dream also represents areas in your life which are bothering you, disturbing you, and hurting you in some emotional way.
Dreams are symbolic and not literal -- most of the time. Cancer tumors in dreams represent a variety of unprocessed psychological and emotional materials that the dreamer may be obsessing on. They represent all of those things that bother, disturb, anger, or hurt us and that we never directly deal with or let go of. The dreamer's mental, psychic or emotional problems may be proliferating and infecting many areas of thought and function. You may be experiencing anxiety and fear as a result of a bad habit or a certain situation in your daily life. However, if you are very worried and cannot get it out of your mind, go for a physical. When is the last time you did that anyway? In more superstitious interpretations, dreaming of cancer may be considered a dream of the contrary, but also of warning!


To see a dog in your dream, symbolizes intuition, loyalty, generosity, protection, and fidelity. The dream suggests that your strong values and good intentions will enable you to go forward in the world and bring you success. Alternatively, it indicates a skill that you have ignored or forgotten.

Dogs in dreams could symbolize a large variety of ideas and concepts, but mostly they are symbolic of the dreamer's defensive structure and may represent personal boundary issues. Carefully consider all of the details and the mood in your dream. First, if you have a dog, it may be natural to dream about him. We become emotionally attached to our dogs and we dream about them just as we dream about anything else that is important to us. Otherwise, dogs could symbolize loyalty and hard work. If someone calls you a dog, it is a negative reflection on your personality. If you are being treated like a dog, you are most likely being abused in some way. On the metaphysical level, dogs are consider to be the guardians of the underworld. Finally, dogs could represent the more basic or "animal" parts of our nature and some think that they specifically represent male energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment